Turkey Day at the Pink Brick House

Monday, November 21, 2005

Cranberry sauce

I made the cranberry sauce yesterday and remembered why I made something different last year. I remembered it being sticky, but it's just ridiculously so. Maybe if I had a full-size food processor instead of just the mini-prep? But I had to do it in something like 10 batches and the little blade just took so long to get everything chopped up small enough. Ugh. And there was red sticky stuff all over the place. The dishes all cleaned up easily enough, but the stuff that got on the counter and dried was another story.

And then when I first made it, it wasn't so much the gorgeous dark red as in the picture below, it was more of a dark pink and looked more like someone threw up strawberry daiquiris. Ew. I really thought I'd have to make something else. But I stuck it in the fridge and let it sit. This morning it is now the gorgeous dark red and has solidified enough to look like something you want to eat, not something that's come back up.

The trials and tribulations of cranberry sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home