Turkey Day at the Pink Brick House

Monday, November 21, 2005

pumpkin pie

Friend had asked what she could bring for dinner. Sister said "wine, if you want, but you really don't have to bring anything. You're our guest." Friend insisted, she wanted to bring something else. Mommy, Sister and I conferred on this and came up with a pumpkin pie. Mommy never really cares about making this, but feels it's a necessary component of the meal. So this way, we'll still have it, but we don't have to worry about it.

I went shopping with Mommy this weekend. And she asks, "is Friend bringing a pumpkin pie?" I didn't know - and didn't know exactly what Sister had discussed - so I asked Sister this morning. She emailed back "Yes, she is bringing a pumpkin pie. I told Mommy that twice, once in person." Confirmation that our mother is crazy.

If she were here, her explaination would be that since the car accident (three weeks ago), her thinking has been off. That it's getting better every day, but she has trouble remembering things or with split-second decisions. Yeah - she tells me this as we're driving to the mall. Makes me feel real safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home