Turkey Day at the Pink Brick House

Thursday, December 01, 2005

side note...

I know I should continue updating the actual day, but I ran across this on the Washington Post's Going out Guru's Blog. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with the various chats on the Post's website. I reference them all the time. Now, most of these are not terribly exciting, but I fully laughed out loud at the first one. I only wish I had read this earlier because my brother-in-law so would have done that. And it would have been hysterical.

The Gurus' Favorite Thanksgiving Things
1. Getting all '70s retro at the dinner table by constantly referring to the roasted, basted bird as a jive turkey. Example: "Can I carve anyone another slice of jive turkey?"


2. Making garlic mashed potatoes with my sister, then indulging in a two-to-three hour food coma courtesy of two Thanksgiving dinners -- one at my parents' house, the other at my boyfriend's parents' house. (Courtesy of Julia)

3. Replenishing my Tupperware collection after folks send their hapless bachelor friend (me) home with leftovers. (Courtesy of Rhome)

4. After she's been spent half the day making a huge meal, asking my mother, "How come we can't just have popcorn like Charlie Brown?"

5. Continuing my decade-long streak of never once catching the ball during my friends' annual "Toilet Bowl" touch-football game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home