Turkey Day at the Pink Brick House

Thursday, December 01, 2005

dinnertime!

We get things started with a picture of me and Mommy. You can also see my pumpkin and Alison's tomato Le Crueset. Always a Thanksgiving tradition.
Unfortunately, the pictures took a nose dive after this one and forced me to create this research paper on:
Reasons the long table shot picture needs to be eliminated.
Exibit A: Can't see my face or Mommy's that clearly - although if you look closely, you can see that Mommy is not smiling as she is unprepared for the picture. Brenda and Shelly look cute, but it's a harsh angle for most people. And Gerri is completely lost. Bad all around.

Exhibit B: Jake is referred to alternately as a tree or as a giant. Here you can see why. I'm fairly average sized and have a large head, yet I look quite petite with a tiny head next to Jake. Again, this is the result of the long table shot. There wasn't anyone else left on Jake's side of the table while we were taking pictures and that would have been an especially sad shot. Jake all by himself. So I jumped in. If we were doing orchestrated pictures, there would have been no need for the Jake the Friendly Giant shot and we would have all looked like normal-sized people.
Exibit C: Candid shots don't work so well when combined with the long table shot. Brenda vaguely sees that my mom is about to take a picture, but is completely unprepared.
Exhibit D: Again, no one is ready for this picture. Alison and Shelly are prepared, but still, it's not an ideal angle and Alison is way too far away.


One good thing this shot is for is highlighting the tomato and my adorable new green apple. My pumpkin was cut out of this shot, but that's okay. Alison already ruined the surprise for herself by asking if she was going to get a mini of her own for Christmas and me being the horrible liar that I am said no, but with a huge grin on my face. But she will not find out what type until 12/25. I can at least keep that part a secret!
I have one last picture to add, but am having issues. I will try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home